There are some reliefs available that will allow a client to avoid a capital gains tax charge altogether, some that will reduce the tax charge and others that will hold over the gain until some future date.
Tax Planner Interactive can help you to offer effective tax planning for clients who are looking to avoid, reduce or defer liability for CGT.
Choose the most appropriate scenario to start your tax planning session.
My client wants to:
- invest in their own company after making a chargeable gain
- invest in someone else's company after making a chargeable gain
- dispose of assets used for their sole trader business
- dispose of assets used for their partnership business
- dispose of shares or securities in their personal trading company
- maximise the benefit of claiming private residence relief